Browsing Category

Activities

Activities Gratitude

Forest Wild

If you enjoy this article, you can subscribe to my weekly email: We all have a “Forest wild”—or should. This is a place in nature where you can go to retreat, reflect . . . and (hopefully) recharge your…

Activities Walking Washington DC

U.S. Capitol Tree Tour

Right before the pandemic was declared in March 2020, I attended the free U.S. Capitol Tree Tour organized by the U.S. Botanic Gardens. Getting a ticket for this seasonal tour (which is only conducted four times a year) is…

Activities Walking

Meditation in Sculpture Park

“No house should ever be on a hill or on anything. It should be of a hill. Belonging to it.”—Frank Lloyd Wright I watch a yellow butterfly wave me into her forest hamlet, with a upward sweep of her…

Activities Adventure U.S. Walking

Hiking in Phoenix

If you enjoy this article, you can subscribe to my weekly email: Visiting Arizona in July turns me into a combustible cactus. It isn’t just hot here in Phoenix. It is HOT. The temperatures make me feel prickly. Arizonans…

Activities Cooking

Cooking Diabla’s Prawns

Taking a lesson with a professional chef is like peeling an onion. The more time you spend working under his tutelage, the more of the paper-thin skin that is peeled away. I come to Isla Holbox with a desire…