Browsing Category

Activities

Adventure U.S. Walking

Lifetime National Park Pass

When I turned 62 years old, I bought myself the Senior Lifetime National Park Pass at Virginia’s Skyline Drive. It is my ticket to drive into any U.S. National Park for free the rest of my life and it…

Activities Gratitude

Forest Wild

If you enjoy this article, you can subscribe to my weekly email: We all have a “Forest wild”—or should. This is a place in nature where you can go to retreat, reflect . . . and (hopefully) recharge your…

Activities Walking Washington DC

U.S. Capitol Tree Tour

Right before the pandemic was declared in March 2020, I attended the free U.S. Capitol Tree Tour organized by the U.S. Botanic Gardens. Getting a ticket for this seasonal tour (which is only conducted four times a year) is…

Activities Walking

Meditation in Sculpture Park

“No house should ever be on a hill or on anything. It should be of a hill. Belonging to it.”—Frank Lloyd Wright I watch a yellow butterfly wave me into her forest hamlet, with a upward sweep of her…

Activities Cooking

Cooking Diabla’s Prawns

Taking a lesson with a professional chef is like peeling an onion. The more time you spend working under his tutelage, the more of the paper-thin skin that is peeled away. I come to Isla Holbox with a desire…